I’m actually just getting over a nasty headcold that I managed to catch last weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten really sick, but I’m getting back to normal now. Also, of course, my computer is back up and better than ever with TWO monitors to work and play on. [:
I have started posting the Modern Grimm to http://moderngrimm.abriarrose.com/, ideally to be updated weekly on Fridays. Still need to pretty up the site some from the template I’m using. I’ll work on it eventually. Anyway, I would like to update twice a week, but it depends on my course workload throughout the semester. If I am able to update more often, keep an eye on the Modern Grimm twitter for new page alerts.
To tide you over until I can post more pages, here is the process video for the cover of The Frog Prince — Enjoy!
Well, my vacation is pretty much over and school is set to start up again after next week. Overall, the summer break was nice and relaxing — maybe a bit too much, since I didn’t really get to finish any of my projects. -__-;
I have completed the thumbnailing for The Frog Prince and plan to start making the story pages this upcoming week. Also, the next story (Cat and Mouse in Partnership) has been written up and is ready for thumbnailing.
Additionally, I have completed the “cover” art of The Frog Prince and recorded a process video for that (sketch to finished render), which will be posted once I actually start posting up the comic. I have a few changes I want to make, mostly just color adjustments as well as text overlay for the chapter title and byline. For now, here is a WIP image composed of all the steps of the process — 3 sketches, ink, background, color and lighting, and a bit of the foreground leaves (Transparency levels are adjusted to show aspects of each step). Considering I usually don’t do location art, I really like how this background came out with the fountain stones and grass texture.
Since this rendering took just under 3 hours of actual work time, with the pages planned to have much less detail, I expect to have my buffer done pretty quick, or at least the line art aspects with a quick slap of color added just before posting. Here’s hoping that I can stay on task this week! 😀
I’m planning on doing a short project as part of a research paper I’m writing — it’s a non-standard research topic, so I think it can work. Working on concept stuff currently, but I hope to have a short comic by the end of this week. And who knows? I might end up doing all the stories in the book, but I’ll need to settle on other permanent cast members. For now, I leave you with this. [:
Working on a tattoo design for a family member, this is the original pencil sketch that I’m working on cleaning up and finalizing.
When I’m done with this tattoo design, I’ll be back to working on the Gauntlet. Currently, I have the overall story and one of the two main arcs outlined, and 24/100 contestant characters at least sketched for story development. I have a list of basic descriptions for the contestants, but I need to finalize their design aesthetic, as well as names and abilities. With the story, I’ll outline the other arc and make a master outline/skeleton script of the order of events and create a reference guide for important things that will come up. [/vagueness] I’ll fill in the general details when I get to the thumbnailing stage.