Well, my vacation is pretty much over and school is set to start up again after next week. Overall, the summer break was nice and relaxing — maybe a bit too much, since I didn’t really get to finish any of my projects. -__-;
I have completed the thumbnailing for The Frog Prince and plan to start making the story pages this upcoming week. Also, the next story (Cat and Mouse in Partnership) has been written up and is ready for thumbnailing.
Additionally, I have completed the “cover” art of The Frog Prince and recorded a process video for that (sketch to finished render), which will be posted once I actually start posting up the comic. I have a few changes I want to make, mostly just color adjustments as well as text overlay for the chapter title and byline. For now, here is a WIP image composed of all the steps of the process — 3 sketches, ink, background, color and lighting, and a bit of the foreground leaves (Transparency levels are adjusted to show aspects of each step). Considering I usually don’t do location art, I really like how this background came out with the fountain stones and grass texture.
Since this rendering took just under 3 hours of actual work time, with the pages planned to have much less detail, I expect to have my buffer done pretty quick, or at least the line art aspects with a quick slap of color added just before posting. Here’s hoping that I can stay on task this week! 😀